First date of case hearing not coming even after 2 years of filing.

I filed a writ for dismissal from services and it's been over 2 years now. The case has not even been brought up for first hearing. What can i do now? How can i expedite the procedure?

Answers (3)

122 votes

You Writ would have been admitted and if there is any interim prayer the writ would have been listed. Normally in such cases a writ will not be listed immediately. You can find out the current status of the writ in the High Court website.

Wait for final hearing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

318 votes

highly pathetic. but in Madurai High Court, when the Writ petition numbered, then very next day it will be listed for hearing. you please check it up with your advocate. there may be possibility in your case that it may be listed for admission and adjourned for further hearing.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
75 votes

Consult your advocate or meet the Asst Public prosecutor or PP .You can check with the court cl;erk.
If no other way contact free legal aid cell of your district Court.Always give details of the state from where
the question is asked .without it its not correct to answer.Anyhow this time we gave our reply.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles