Employer threatens legal action for starting new venture

My ex-employer sent disassociation email last month after getting a proof that I have started a new venture while still in job. Later when I sent reminders for settlement I received warning notice that they may take a stern legal action. I have contributed immensely including IPR for the company yet the management is thankless. Besides they have not deposited my TDS to the Government. Since the company is in bad shape the management is trying to threaten me and deny me my dues. How do I proceed further? Should I settle amicably or defend my case? kindly revert

If there is a valid non compete clause in your agreement and if your ex employer's allegations are true then there is a possibility that your employer may approach the court.
Not depositing TDS to the government after deducting is an offense that they have committed.
It's advisable to amicably settle your case. You may write to the person in charge of your dues and call for amicable settlement in your written communication.