Employer in a different state and did not clear my dues. What action?

In Labour & Service Law

My employer did not clear my dues like gratuity etc. My employer is in Maharashtra but presently I am in UP. How I can take legal action against my employer? I have left this employer since 2010. Total service period was 17 years.

Answers (1)

136 votes

As per the Payment of gratuity act, you are entitled to gratuity after completing 5 years of service. Since you have rendered more than the minimum required service tenure, you are eligible for gratuity for 17 years of completed service. You may also be eligible for PF , bonus , leave encashment and other benefits according to your employment agreement.

If your employer is not clearing the dues you are eligible for, you may initially send a Legal notice claiming the amount. Thereafter, you may approach the appropriate authority under the payment of gratuity act. This can be done by you through an Advocate or directly yourself as well.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
10 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles