Employement problem related to negative feedback shared by ex employer

I recently joined an organization in BPO sector in NAvi Mumbai and after working for few months, my current employer came back saying I have to look out for new job as the ex employer where I worked 5 years back has mentioned I was removed from the company because of integrity issue. However, when I left the earlier organization I resigned and my resignation was accepted and i have relieving letter and full and final statement. New Employer is pressurizing me to resign. What can I do to protect my job in current organization and also what can I do to my ex employer who is tarnishing image.

Hello,
You can furnish the reliving letter that you have received from your ex employer and ask your company to verify its genuinity, further if you ex employer is passing derogatory remarks , you can initiate legal action against him for defamation for which you need to first send legal notice to him for defamation.