quesEmployee quits without informing. What action can we take against them

We are a small company and we hired an employee on reference basis, so no contracts have been signed but the employee quits the job within a month without informing. we tried to contact her but she didn't pick our calls, we tried to contact her on whatsapp but she blocked us there too. She also kept our office mobile phone that we use to get clients from. After 4-5 days she returned the phone but it was not in working condition. Now she is demanding money and also making threatening calls to us via some unknown person using very hostile language. we already paid some money in advance. What can we do?

  • ansThe recourse available to you is to prosecute her for Data Theft and Conflict of Interest There can be two ways to do that. You can get an injunction to prohibit her from working for any company, after serving a reasonable period. Further move under appropriate sections of IT Act for her liability for data theft, Furthermore, in case of any solicitation of your clients by her, she can be injuncted.
    Insofar as to her threats, you need to file an FIR for the same. Supplemented with evidence and proof. Email exchange, Call records etc.

    Advocate Ahmad Shazeb Azhar

      Kaiserbagh, Lucknow

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I was registered under chapter case in 2011. I do not remember the sections imposed…

what is the status of an employee appointed on permanent post, completed the more than…
i joined a company 15 days back and signed a service agreement for 1.5 yrs…
Dear Sir/Madam, am working in IT company in Core Finance Team , recently my comp.…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate D S Chadha

 Experience: 5 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly