Employee filed complain in mahila ayog for pending dues

one of my x-employee doctor (at my clinic) has gone to mahila ayog and complained that i am not paying 6000 rs to her. she used to work at my clinic 1 month back and left due to pregnancy. she used bad language against me on phone to one of my other employee (office assistant) and i do not want to pay her that amount. a lady from mahila ayog called today . she wants me to visit the mahila ayog office to have a talk . the allegation against me- that i am not paying her dues. but should the foul language be allowed?

Answers (3)

210 votes

Dear Doctor
It's the second time you have submitted a query with minor changes.
Though Mahila Ayog has right to summon you, the non payment of dues is not a matter which they should be considering.
Advise remains the same, visit Mahila Ayog as per their summons.
Present your case and also keep your right to file a police complaint reserved.
All the best

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

203 votes

Dear Sir

Thank you for your query. You are correct - under no circumstances should foul and abusive language be used. My suggestion is that you consider the following two points: (i) whether you have received a copy of the complaint filed by the lady with the Mahila Ayog? You are not required to appear before the Mahila Ayog only on the basis of the telephonic call. The procedure is that you will receive a copy of the complaint following which you may be asked to appear before the Mahila Ayog. (ii) Whether your employee (office assistant) recorded the call of the lady where she used foul language and whether you have filed any police complaint regarding the same? Please note that the statement of the employee (office assistant) is helpful but we will also need other evidence to support our claim that the lady used foul language to intimidate and scare you. Please consider approaching the police in this regard. We will be very happy to help you take the necessary action as we have handled similar cases in the past and have good working relationships with police authorities. Please call us on our registered number and we will be happy to talk to you about the necessary steps and actions. Look forward to speaking to you soon. Hope this helps.



Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
339 votes

Things to be pondered upon and thereafter steps to be taken -
1. She has not left your organization rather she is on pregnancy leave you have to pay her salary as per the norms of the law.
2. If she has made a complain to mahina ayog and you have received a call from there it would be better if you visit the office of ayog and listen to their advise properly.
3. You can sue her for her filthy language provided you have enough evidence to prove the same.
4. You can't remove her from her job till the time she is on pregnancy leave as it is against the law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles