Do UPSC recommend for increment in salary? Got job through UPSC.

I joined PEC University of technology through UPSC on March 29, 2001 and before joining them I got a written commitment from the authorities on Feb 7, 2001 that my pay will be protected as per Govt. Circular Notification.

This commitment was given to me after getting complete details about my previous organization and salary.

In 2010 the college authorities told me that Since UPSC has not recommended my name with additional increment, I am not entitled to the increment.

What is the legal remedy available to me?

Answers (1)

463 votes

With the scant information supplied by you, it is difficult to give precise Legal Advice.  If you are aggrieved with the UPSC decision and if it appears to be arbitrary and violates the equality doctrine, you can approach the Hon'ble High Court in Writ jurisdiction seeking the remedy. 

If PEC University falls within the jurisdiction of CAT (Central Administrative Tribunal), you have to file your case with them accordingly.

You may write in / call us for further discussion as we can provide you detailed legal advice once all the facts are established.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles