Do I need to return my visa if I am on my notice period?

Hi, I was working with India based MNC from last 6 yrs from last 2 yrs I m working on-site with the same company recently I had switched my company and joined out of indi. As I’m on my notice period my company is asking me return my visa, do I need to?

Answers (3)

328 votes

If visa has been provided to you by the company then and even though if company has managed it, if they have any such written policy or terms in your contract then you would be required to surrender it.
Or else it won't be mandatory for you to do so.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

90 votes

With reference to the above statement, we do take care of such kind of issues, we required some more details to answer accurately, many time such issues occur with many employees but we want to see your document to proceed

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
118 votes

The most important thing to note with respect to the notice period, is your own employment contract and the terms and conditions contained therein which you usually sign, accept and acknowledge at the time of you joining your organisation. The terms could be more specific with respect to the visa that has been given to you. The T&C of work visa as per the terms of your employment contract will be applicable to you.

If the terms of your contract of employment requires you to hand over the work visa, which has been offered to you by the company, then you must have to. If you have switched your company make sure you make the availability of the new work visa from your new employer as soon as possible.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles