Director refusing to give my salary slip

Iam working in a company from last 3yrs . I applied for a loan and asked for a salary slip but director refused it giving some bogus reasons. ?So is it a legal right of an employee

Answers (3)

As per the below mentioned rules the pay slip forms a legal mandatory requirment. Here it has to be distributed to the employees with their and employer's /representatives signature. ((Minimum Wage (Central) Rules, 1950, Rule 26(4) and Minimum Wage (Central) Rules, 1950, Rule 26(3)) And the employees should be aware of the contents of the pay slip. And even if it is transferred to the bank, there should be an authenticated record stating that the employee is willing to get his/her salary transferred to bank.
If the assessee doesn't provide the salary slip or a document evidencing the total salary paid to an employee, then he shall be violating Rule 26A and Rule 31 of the Income-tax Rules 1962. Further, non-issuance of Form 16 under 203 shall be liable for penalty at the rate Rs 100 each day under Section 272A. So, you may bring this fact to the notice of the director

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes salary slip is a legal right of an employee in a company and if the director refuses then appropriate complaint can be filed before the Labour Court (State Authority as well as Central Authority) for the same.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

You must have signed an employment agreement with the company that you are working with. As you have mentioned that you have been working in the said organisation for the last three years whereby you must be a permanent employee and therefore you have full rights to demand the salary slip from your employers.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Actually my employer has verbally terminated me from the job and they promised to clear my salary when everyone salary be cleared but when i reached o…

Read More

Hi sir, I joined a private company and i also signed a contract period of 1.5 yr in case of breach i had to pay 280000. But now i got the letter from …

Read More

Sir I am a government employee and I am exploited by my senior officers, sir can you please help me out of this, or can you please tell me about the s…

Read More

Sir, My mother is retired from UP government primary school. she has been denied gratuity which is payable if you are accepting retirement at age of 6…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue