Department give option for retirement after filed case against them

Well my father terminated from his service in last 2017 therefor we file case against department in H.C allahbad but soon department give him retirement as an my qus is if he will accept the retirement given by department this will weaken our case or not?

Answers (3)

Take the option of retirement, litigation takes time. Plus it will add the perks of pension and other retirement benefits. If the termination was done illegally you may contest and bring to the notice of the court about this retirement option. Also, do consider the age of your father, if he was close to retirement age then taking retirement option and ending the litigation seems to be the best option. Lastly, the question of weakening the case would not arise as when you take the option of retirement it would be at the cost of withdrawal of writ petition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If ur case is strong then why u will accept retirement offer from department .It will make weak ur pending case .Frist make sure where ur case stand then take decision . Discuss with ur lawyer then take decision .In my opinion if u will choose retirement option it will weak ur case .

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

If the services of your father were terminated then he ceased to be the employee of the concerned department so how can the department give him option of retirement. You need to clarify further. If they are withdrawing the termination on your father's option to choose voluntary retirement, then it all depends on the merits of your case. I'll need further details to help you on this.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Hv worked for 10.5 yrs Max Speciality Film Ltd.(a unit of Max India). Had to leave as they were closing their division. I was assured benefit under co…

Read More

Can a Registered trade union organise a sports event under its banner? Whether orgnising sports event is wholly unconnected with the legitimate object…

Read More

I have signed the bond for one year of service, if i leave before one year i have to pay 4 month salary . the company organisation is not good so i wa…

Read More

i worked in the minority school for seven year . they never made me confirm and at last they terminate my service without giving me any reason . what …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue