Denial of death claim of employee as educational certificate fake

08-Apr-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
My father is a govt employee .He was appointed in 1980.After 27 years of his service department calimed his educational certificate was fake. Dept. Stop his salary and enquired about that. In that period he died in 2010.His dept didn't take any action aginst him except non payment of salary. Now my mother and me claim death benefit dept. tell us his appointment was based on fake cerficate so we can't calim any benifit. Now my question is that after 30 years of doing his duty my father died and now we can't claim any benifit .Tell me we should move in high court or not.
Answers (3)

Answer #1
588 votes
You have a fot case to come before High Court under writ petition claimimg relief for yourself and your family. If your father's employment was based upon false submissions of educational documents then that should have been verified at day one and a criminal case should have been brought up agaisnt him. But nothing of that sort happened in actual and the departmental enquiry took so long that your father passed away so you can claim compensation for the wrong done by them.
People also ask

What is the punishment for fake medical certificate?

If a person corruptly attempts or uses a certificate in a false manner, while knowing that it is false, they will be punished with either a fine or imprisonment for up to a year.

What is the Supreme Court Judgement on fake education certificate?

Supreme Court: The bench of MR Shah* & BV Nagarathna JJ ruled that producing a false/fake certification is a grave misdemeanor and dismissal is a just punishment. 26-Apr-2022

What happens if we make fake income certificate?

A person who is angry can file a criminal complaint with the police. They will investigate the fraud and forgery. He has forged documents and misrepresented facts to you. 16-Mar-2017

What is the punishment for making fake certificate?

Section 465- Penalties for forgery According to Section 465, forgery can be punished by imprisonment up to two years or a fine. 28-Jul-2023

Answer #2
759 votes
Dear Client your case papers need to be perused before giving any final advice. However, you can always file a writ petition before the High Court challenging the decision of the authorities in rejecting your claim. You can contact for detailed discussion.

Answer #3
918 votes
You should approach the high court. You can contact me for detailed discussion I will help you.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."