Customer asking to cancel the order without prior notice

i had a coustumer who ordered me the computer hardware material few days ago, i gave a quotation orally and he agreed for the same amount . so i ordered the material and when i reached him to deliver the material, now he refuse to take the material and says i want to cancel the order as you are charging more.. i had took money from a friend on 5% charge for 15days. what can i do now

Answers (3)

You can do the following:
1. Trace the phone records you have;
2. File a legal notice to him;
3. Say that you and your customer are bound by a legal contract even if it is oral;
4. Ask for compensation from your customer for the loss you suffered.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

you was ordered by customer for computer hardware material, and now he denies to accept. As a rule if a buyer refuses delivery without grounds then they are liable for any subsequent costs incurred by the seller, including reasonable costs

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Dalal
New Friends Colony, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Without any advance it was not supposed to book the order. If you had & customer cancelled you may only request him to receive it else send him legal notice. Remaining i fear that legal costs will be more as compared to your product.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Similar questions

In S.Shanmugavel vs SBI WA.1483/2014, Madras HC Bench Gave verdict dated 16.2.2015 that Pensionable service should be calculated from Date of Initial …

Read More

I got selected in govt bank. But my previous employer(private) somehow get into fight on last day. He intimidated me that he would write to Bank autho…

Read More

I have wokred in a company in gurgaon From July 2014 til August 2016. Initially they paid Salary for July, August, September, October 2014. Then Salar…

Read More

Sir I am selected in as clerk but on 8/5/2017 during pre joining formalities my e-bio metric did not match and on 5/6/2017 they took my fingerprints a…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue