quesCourt ordered to accept my job application to govt. office. No reply.

Postal Department's delay in sending my job application led to my rejection as the application took 12-14 days to reach and the last day of submission was over by then. This was for a Govt. Job. I filed an RTI followed by multiple appeals and then went to the consumer court wherein the Govt. department was directed to accept my job application.


However, till date I haven't heard from the Govt. department. What should I do now?


  • ans


    You need to file an Application for execution of the Order of the District Forum under Section 25 and 27 of the Consumer Protection Act. 


    The Consumer Protection Act has laid down the manner in which an order passed by a consumer courts can be executed (Section 25 of the Act). According to the Act, if any person does not comply with the order passed by the consumer forum, then the forum may order the property of the person to be attached. If the party against whom the order is passed does not comply with the order within three months, then the forum may direct sale of the attached property and may award damages to the complainant and pay the balance, if any, to the opposite party.


    The Act has also made provisions for penalties in case the order passed by the forum is not respected (Section 27 of the Act). If the party against whom the order is passed does not comply with an order made by the Consumer forum, then such person may be punished with imprisonment or fine or both.


    The limits for penalties are as under:


    Penalty                     Minimum              Maximum

    Imprisonment             1 month                 3 years

    Fine                          Rs 2000                 Rs 10000


    In the case of State Of Karnataka v. Vishwabarathi House Building: The Court considered the interpretation of Section 25 of the Consumer Protection Act (Execution of Order) in detail. It held that a Consumer Forum is empowered to execute the orders passed by it as laid down under Section 25 of the Act. Section 27 of the Consumer Protection Act also confers  additional powers on the Forum   to execute its order. Section 27 gives similar power as in civil proceedings to a Civil Court (i.e. Contempt of Court, Code of Civil Procedure etc). It is a well settled law that every Court that can adjudicate a dispute and pass an order. It also  has the power to implement its order.


    Hope this helps. Reach out to us for further action and advise.


  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Main ek railway employee hu aur Meri duty Ajmer Shatabdi main Hain, jo subah 6…
My friend's girlfriend filled two cases against him that he is harassing him.one is under…
Sir few days back we were a bit drunk n got in a verbal talk…

I had an argument with my colleague as he was talking very disrespectfully and badly…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly