Conduct rules regarding issue : Working with NGO permissible or not.

I am working in a PSU but working voluntarily with an NGO in education section as a consultant. It is purely non profit. Can I do that? If permission is needed , is it compulsory? Few people lodged q case against me saying how a govt employee is working for a non profit How can I respond?

you are well within your rights to voluntarily work for an NGO without profit . in case of any such complaint against you for voluntary services formal reply has to be filed stating the nature of the services provided as a volunteer .

you may have to prove that you are just holding consultant post but in wider sense it is not a commercial post i am holding and then you can walk free otherwise you may be caught in displinary enquiry and then what not after that better respond to show cause.