Complaint against employer for compensation in death of employee.

one of my related send by company to shrilanka and few months after he death in shrilanka death body sent to india as per post moartam repot cause of death under investication . when body come in india company md given in written compension in local police sation settlement done in police station but when his family going his office they not agree to compensions as they given in written please suggest this family very poor please help what we do now

Answers (1)

57 votes

yes there is a provision in THE EMPLOYEE'S COMPENSATION ACT, 1923.
You can have right to give legal representation cum notice to employer seeking enhancement of compensation within two years from the date of occurrence of death.
if employer is not ready to enhance on the ground that police settlement is already there.
you can use this notice along with police record and can file suit before Commissioner.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles