Complaint against company for not giving relieving letter and security

Hello Sir, I was working as Sr. Developer in one IT company since last 4 years. One day HR called me to put resignation from the company and reason she told me that i have shared my salary to other collegues. Then i have put my resignation and completed 2 months official notice period. When i have completed my official 2 months in the company then they were forcing me to extend 15 days more. I have refuced them that i could not extend it because i have to join another company as soon as possible. Then i have left the company and after few days i just contacted HR team for my official letters and security deposit. They are clearily declined to give me. Can you please help me get my letters and security deposit.?

Answers (3)

You have to give a legal notice to release your previous company for official letters and security deposit.
If they will not release your official letters and security deposit than you have to police complaint or magistrate complaint or file case. As per you wish.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, I can surely help you. Once you have given the requisite notice, the Co. cannot ask you to continue beyond that period. Not issuing relieving order is torturous and against law. Please give further details to go ahead.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Could you share your Employment Agreement so as to answer your aptly. Meanwhile, since you are already relieved from the job, and as the company is not refunding you your security deposit and experience letter, you shall serve a legal notice to the Company. Should they not refund you even after the notice, then you should consider suing them.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Similar questions

Sir, I am currently working in a state psu and am in probation for 3 years for a bond amount of 2 lacs. Say if I resign through proper channel with th…

Read More

I gave resignation letter according to their notice period of one month.I made some points why i am leaving the institute.I am having Received letter …

Read More

I Worked in MNC through 3rd party employer from OCT 2015 to June 2015.. employer send mail in the month of may 2015 to find a job as he is not able to…

Read More

Hi, I have got an opportunity in new organization and they want all past employment experience or relieving letter. In 2015 I was wondering in consult…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue