company says had given wrong offer of joining by mistake 1 year later

My company defined my CTC Rs. 3,60,000 in first year & Rs.5,08,000 in second year. This CTC includes ex-gratia of Rs.10263 in 1st year & Rs. 1,22,000 in second year. The exgratia is paid on diwali in the company. Last year i received Rs 10,263 but this year they are saying that they cannot given 1,22,000 because there was a typing mistake in my offer letter & they calculated exgratia monthly instead of yearly in second year salary offering. It was their executive fault not mine & they realized their mistake after 1.5 years when i am claiming my exgratia amount. What should I do now?

Answers (2)

233 votes

An agreement is contract when the both parties are agree on same thing in same sense. Here it appears that the company agreed 1.22 by mistake. In such a case you compare it with general trend of the company with other employees and keep you in that ratio. A legal action will much costly then the relief sought.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

330 votes

Dear Sir, first of all calculate your ex-gratia, on what basis is was calculated. If there was calculation mistake by the company you can not claim the same. First year your CTC was 3,60,000/- and the ex-gratia was calculated 10263/- and in the second year the CTC was 5,08,000/-. You can get ex-gratia on the CTC basis and as per the rules made by the company in this regard.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles