Company not releasing my relieving and experience letter. What to do?

What should I do if my company is not releasing my relieving and experience letter? I resigned from the company about a month back giving them a normal notice period of 3 months and a written notice of 1 month. I agreed to pay for the notice period of 2 months.

I sent them 2 to 3 emails as well but got no response. My last working day was per my email was 9th May. But my company assigned me a new project for 2 to 3 months that I accepted verbally.

What should I now do?

Answers (1)

320 votes

Firstly, you should not have accepted the new project but the fact that you accepted it verbally shall be beneficial as they cannot prove that you had accepted the same. 

Now try and speak to the higher authorities for the relieving as well as the Experience Letter.

However, if no action is taken then send them a legal notice quoting all the previous communications with respect to your resignation and the inaction on the part of the company.

Demand your relieving as well as the experience letter within 15 days of your last working day i.e. 9th May failing which you shall initiate a Civil or Criminal case for the mental harassment and the damage caused to you.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles