Company not releasing my relieving and experience letter. What to do?

What should I do if my company is not releasing my relieving and experience letter? I resigned from the company about a month back giving them a normal notice period of 3 months and a written notice of 1 month. I agreed to pay for the notice period of 2 months.

I sent them 2 to 3 emails as well but got no response. My last working day was per my email was 9th May. But my company assigned me a new project for 2 to 3 months that I accepted verbally.

What should I now do?

Firstly, you should not have accepted the new project but the fact that you accepted it verbally shall be beneficial as they cannot prove that you had accepted the same. 

Now try and speak to the higher authorities for the relieving as well as the Experience Letter.

However, if no action is taken then send them a legal notice quoting all the previous communications with respect to your resignation and the inaction on the part of the company.

Demand your relieving as well as the experience letter within 15 days of your last working day i.e. 9th May failing which you shall initiate a Civil or Criminal case for the mental harassment and the damage caused to you.