Company not have 10 employee worked for 9 years eligible for gratuity?

I was working in co-operative group housing society. I worked there for 9 years. I wanted to know if i am eligible for gratuity? 10 employees were not there in the company, but we used to hire labours. Will they amount to 10 employees to make me eligible for gratuity?

A co-operative Housing Society is not an industrial establishment or undertaking or industry under Industrial Disputes Act as defined thereunder. The EPF Act is not applicable to Co-operative Housing Society employing less than 50 employees as per Section 16 (a) of the said Act. Therefore you will not be eligible for gratuity. No "commercial activity" is said to be carried out by a cooperative housing society.