Company not giving PF amount what legal action can we take

I have my neighbor who worked as in house keeping department for a big brand via a consultancy for 4 long years.They weren't given any salary slip and were paid by cash .Since unaware of the rules she has never probed for salary slip either however they were handed over the salary after deducting the PF amt .Now she is out of the consultancy and its been more than a year she hasnt got her PF amount .Even after making too many rounds to the consultancy they dont bother to give the PF number and ask to go ahead and file complaint.

Answers (2)

337 votes

Does she have appointment letter? Is there anyway she can show that she was employed with that firm. File RTI at PF dept of relevant government to know if the concern is depositing PF? If yes seek further details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

264 votes

First you have to ensure that PF was indeed deducted.
For that you will have to make inquiries from the PF office. Every employer has a code no allotted by the PF dept.From that information you can find out if you were covered by your employer.
In case no PF was deducted you do not have a case for claiming PF

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles