×

quesCompany located in multiple cities. Can i file a case in my hometown?

I used to work with an Indian multinational IT company listed in both BSE & NSE in Mumbai. My appointment letter was issued from Gurgaon and I was located at Patiala project Site.

In 2012-2013 my Company stopped paying my salary and started making promises of paying soon and due to lack of salary I have resigned there and relieved as per the HR policy.

I am from Bharatpur (Rajasthan). Can I file the suit for recovery in Bharatpur? If company will close then what will be the next action for me to claim my dues?

Courts at Bharatpur will lack the jurisdiction in your case and your petition there will not be maintainable.

You can issue a 'winding up' notice at the Registered and the Corporate office of the company. In case you do not get relief, file a 'winding up' petition before the High Court of the place where the registered office of the company is situated.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only