×

quesCompany defaming of data theft after resignation. What can i do?

Hello I was an employee with a company and they forced us to sign a three year bond while joining As the environment was not suited to me, plus the management was least helpful, I absconded in the month of February 2015, roughly six months in my tenure with them Of late, someone from the company's legal team is asking me to pay three months salary as agreed in the bond or else I face a court case They have been doing this for long and I cannot pay them any amount Plus, they might be putting a data theft charge against me for taking my work with me Any suggestion is welcom

The idea of absconding was not a good idea legally. Yes they can definitely put charges of theft.

We suggest you to go back to your organisation and give apology letter. Thereafter properly submit you resignation letter and complete your full and final settlement. With respect to bond if the company has spent money on your training then you are liable to pay the money.

However if no training was imparted by organisation then the bond is illegal.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only