quesCompany defaming of data theft after resignation. What can i do?

Hello I was an employee with a company and they forced us to sign a three year bond while joining As the environment was not suited to me, plus the management was least helpful, I absconded in the month of February 2015, roughly six months in my tenure with them Of late, someone from the company's legal team is asking me to pay three months salary as agreed in the bond or else I face a court case They have been doing this for long and I cannot pay them any amount Plus, they might be putting a data theft charge against me for taking my work with me Any suggestion is welcom

  • ans

    The idea of absconding was not a good idea legally. Yes they can definitely put charges of theft.

    We suggest you to go back to your organisation and give apology letter. Thereafter properly submit you resignation letter and complete your full and final settlement. With respect to bond if the company has spent money on your training then you are liable to pay the money.

    However if no training was imparted by organisation then the bond is illegal.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

One of relative aged 25 died onboard a merchant ship becoz fire broke out in…

R/Sir, I was arrested by police on 20.05.15 at 11.00 AM. Same day judicial custody…

I'm 18+. My mother filed case to central govt for getting promotion but they are…
I am in Hyderabad, India. My Father is an employee of D.L.R.L/D.R.D.O (Defence Electronic Research…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly