Company change notice period which is not as per appointment letter

Hi I have resigned form my company on 12th Jan 2018 time 12.40 pm & a day before my resignation the company changed its notice period thru email to 60 days but i have served my notice period as mentioned in my appointment letter & there is no such clause that the mentioned that the company can change notice period at any time, in my notice i did not challenge the change notice period policy since i had my had resigned as per my appointment letter, they informed me that they will deduct one months salary but i didn't react since i wanted to serve my notice period without any issues, now the company has sent me FNF details with deductions & when i said i need FNF as per my appointment letter they are denying & saying that the notice was applicable to all & we will not revise the FNF, so in this case do i need to go to labor court?

Answers (1)

145 votes

if you serve your notice period and complete your all formality by regulations so u did lawful resignation. however if company harass you for their benefits they i suggest that you should be go into labor court and file your complaint against company. keep all genuine proofs.good luck

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles