×

quesCompany asking to resign after accident as target not achieved.

My brother is working in HSBC bank for 8 months. Last month he met an accident. It was hit-n-run. Doctor advised 3 week bed rest. We informed the Bank HR as well. We also filed an FIR for hit-n-run. The company is now asking to resign as target is not completed. Can they do that?

• ansNO. They cannot force your brother to resign from his Job on the sole ground that he has not reached his target. Your brother should give an explanation in Writing to his Bank Head that since he met with an accident he is unable to reach his target. Some time it depends on his terms of his employment.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore

• Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services