Co. asking to pay outstanding amount, but not in writing. What to do?

I left my previous job. I had some outstanding amount. I asked the same from them in writing. So that there is a record. They are not giving in writing and just asking to pay the outstanding amount. Can they hold my PF? What can i do if they hold my PF?

Answers (3)

308 votes

No they cant hold your pf.they must give you writting the dues if any against you..and you shd paid such by bank will fair for you..ask them to give me writing..sothat i can arrange to make your dues...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

297 votes

they can not withhold your PF.

please send Legal Notice demanding your PF through an Advocate.

IN the Legal Notice through Advocate, please ask them to pay within 2 weeks.

Once you send Legal Notice, they will clear your PF dues.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
276 votes

When any such person leaves his employment and obtains re-employment, the employer is under a statutory obligation to transfer the amount of accumulations to the credit of that person in the provident fund of the establishment left by him to the credit of that person?s account in the provident fund of the establishment in which he is re-employed.
In your case, it seems unlikely that your previous employer can withhold your PF.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles