Co. asking to pay outstanding amount, but not in writing. What to do?

I left my previous job. I had some outstanding amount. I asked the same from them in writing. So that there is a record. They are not giving in writing and just asking to pay the outstanding amount. Can they hold my PF? What can i do if they hold my PF?

No they cant hold your pf.they must give you writting the dues if any against you..and you shd paid such by chek.book..or bank transaction.it will fair for you..ask them to give me writing..sothat i can arrange to make your dues...

they can not withhold your PF.

please send Legal Notice demanding your PF through an Advocate.

IN the Legal Notice through Advocate, please ask them to pay within 2 weeks.

Once you send Legal Notice, they will clear your PF dues.

When any such person leaves his employment and obtains re-employment, the employer is under a statutory obligation to transfer the amount of accumulations to the credit of that person in the provident fund of the establishment left by him to the credit of that person?s account in the provident fund of the establishment in which he is re-employed.
In your case, it seems unlikely that your previous employer can withhold your PF.