Client refusing to pay for services what can be done

I am into painting business. I recently painted a building. I have completed 90% of he job but my client has paid me only 50% of the amount. He says he will only pay once i complete the job. But i doubt his intention. Sir Please advise how can i go about it.

FOr this purpose I need to look into the contract you both had for painting the said building. Also, you will have to complete your part of promise after that if the client denies you to pay the amount agreed earlier then you can lodge a complaint in nearest police station under section 155 of Criminal Procedure Code. Also, you canfile a recovery suit in the civil court claiming compensation alongwith the payment.