quesChange of corporate insurance policy to individual. How can i do it?

I ws working in TCS when I met with an accident on Dec 2013.Since I was on Loss of Pay till March 2015 I hv resignd my job on Mrch 2015 as TCS couldn't extend my leave. Before I had sent my resignation letter, I have requestd to get my corporate Health Policy to be converted to individual so I could continue and my HR assured of it. I got resgntion acceptnc & some attachment in whch I found tht d corporate insurance would be terminated on the last working day,all of a sudden I got to knw that this wld be possible if only done before resgntion , nw i hv to bear all expnse, can any legal step be taken?

  • ans

    You have not mentioned the terms of corporate insurance. Unless we review the same, we cannot provide you with solution.

    You have rightly said some corporate insurance has a clause which clearly states that till the last date of employee, corporate insurance cannot be suspended.

    If you  have such clause, then you can send a legal notice to the company through the lawyer thereby demanding the amount spend for your treatment. 

  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hiii I'm 5 months pregnent now and a contract employee. my company not interested to…

Full pay protection is not given for government employee who joined the PSU from another…

I was a Manager Sourcing.in a private garment export co.The material which was in transit…

If a person is removed from paramilitary forces because of absence from from service for…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>