Can we recover training money if employee resigns within 1 year?

Can we being an IT company add a clause in our employment agreement that if the trainee leave within a period of 1 year after completion of training the company can recover the 30% of the cost spent on the training of the particular employee.

Can this clause be challenged in the court and is it correct as per law?

Answer

As we understand your query,

We believe that you can put up a clause like that in your employment agreement, but as far as the fulfillment of this clause is considered we know it is difficult to recover money from employee after

giving a resignation.

It is your decision to add a clause or not in the employment agreement and till the point there is no discrimination on your part it is approved by law.