Can son claim deceased father's job who died in course of employment

its more then 7 year when my father was died on job from ordnance factory kanpur still we are waiting for our chance having a unmarried sister .what is the chances ,rest thing e can discuss over the phone

Answers (3)

Ur father died 7years ago,w hat did u do after that regarding employment under dyeing in harness rules as applicable to ordnance factory is not clear. If u filed for the same immediately then it should have been considered by them. For further remedy consult a lawyer

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, you have a chance to get compassionate appointment. First, you should move an application on the prescribed proforma obtained from the local office, to the higher authority. They will consider your candidature. Second, if they shall rejected your appreciation, you can challenge the same in Central Administrative Tribunal, Allahabad.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Dear Client,
Compassionate appointment in brief is a concept, recognizes that the family of an employee of the State, who has died while in service, is left to fend for itself without its wage earner on whom it was dependent.

As for your query yes the dependent of the deceased is entitled for compassionate appointment. However the dependent could be the wife, son or daughter of the deceased.

Moreover your appointment on the compassionate basis is to be considered after 7 years, however the ORDNANCE FACTORY BOARD, MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, AYUDH BHAVAN kolkata vide order dated 27.06.2016, decided to lift the ban of 3 years. But eventually it is required from us to satisfy the court for delay.

Tushar Bahadur,
High Court Lucknow.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Similar questions

I just doing a bihar govt job.but a misoccurance happend .fore a scame case cid lounged a FIR over me and several staff.without getting any strong fac…

Read More

Can i get regular employment as per recent SC judgement? Dear Sir, I have work in LIC as an Assistant during the period 28-02-2000 to 31-05-2000 total…

Read More

If a 60 year old man has sex with a 23 year old girl with her consent, is there any way to safeguard oneself from the allegation of rape by the girl?…

Read More

i am having issue with receiving my Full and final settlement. before 1month i left previous company but till time, i have not received any settlement…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue