Can I join my clients company, who does the same work

Hi , I am working in vendor Company named A and we are working on project of company B which is our customer. Now I have got an offer to join B in same team with which we used to interact and work. There are some points mentioned in my A company Contract/offer letter and wanted to know if in anyway that prevents me joining my client company. I can provide my Offer letter and other documents signed with company A and need advice as requested.

Answers (3)

134 votes

firstly if you want to join another company then you should be perform all resign procedure of first company . if you were signed contract letter then you are bound to perform your duty. give then your resignation and complete your service period, complate you all FNF and finally all done then you can proceed for better prospects.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

337 votes

You can do the following:
1. Merge the company;
2. You can appoint a lawyer to sort out a way to merge the company;
3. I will have to read the company contract/offer letter and other documents to give the best opinion etc.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
328 votes

Dear Client,

You should go through the terms and conditions of appointment letter of your present company before joining the client company.

If it has some restrictions as per the terms of appointment, you should consult an advocate.

Hence, please contact me for further guidance and advise alongwith the copy of appointment letter and other documents.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles