Can I get my job back if terminated w/o notice but by giving reasons?

I was working with VSNL since 1987 and In 2012, the company terminated a lot of employees including me. We were given no notices. We just received a letter stating the reason of our termination, which is to modify the company. We were given CTC for a year as compensation.

What can we do now? Can we get our job back or claim more compensation as our careers are ruined.

Answer

It depends on the agreements in the offer of the employment contract. The most common forms of the offer are a month's notice period from either party ('Employer') and ('Employee').

When there is a breach of agreement or a legal issue among either of the parties for any reason, the company may with and without a notice period, terminate the contract of employment. The company is liable to pay the termination pay, which they have already done. So it is very difficult to get your job back.

However, it still depends on the employment contract that was initially signed. Since you have not provided us with the terms of the employment contract, so we suggest you to take help of an experienced attorney to get this clarified or share the same with us for us to guide you better.