Can i file a case for pending 11 months salary and relieving letter?

I have worked in a company from 2009 to till date. They are paying irregular salary from March 2013. Till date I have pending salary of 11 months.


Now I want to leave the company and they are telling me (verbally) that I will get a relieving letter till March 2013 from this company and from March 2013 till date from another company “B”. 


The company is ready to provide the appointment letter from company “B” as well as a reliving letter also. Now, the company does not provide anything in writing about the pending salary and are not willing to pay PDC. 


Will it possible to file a legal case for the same?




Firstly, stopping the salary or the wages is against the right of any registered organisation. In this context, you can ask your employer in writing to release your salary as per the rules and regulations laid down, that is, releasing the salary on the 10th of each month.


Further, seek clarification from your company why they desire to show you on the pay roll of Company B. We will not advise you to get in any such arrangement with your company.


We suggest you to submit your resignation in writing stating the appropriate reason in conformity to your employment agreement and claim your salary for 11 months and notice period.


Also, at the time of giving the handover, we suggest you to take the NO DUE CERTIFICATE and complete your Full and Final settlement.


You can further get in touch with a LABOR INSPECTOR at your local labor court with a copy of resignation acceptance and copy of appointment letter and the copy of no due certificate. 


After resignation and serving your notice period, if your Company A still fails to pay your salary or fails complete your full and final settlement then you can send them a legal notice claiming your full and final settlement inclusive of salary gratuity, PF etc. within 30 days. If the said payment is not made within 30 days then you can initiate a recovery suit against the company claiming your full and final settlement along with interest and damages for the mental harassment. 


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

Hi all, I worked in a BPO company for 2 years and I left that company without serving notice period because of Health issues. how to get my experience…

Read More

I have resigned on June 16,2018 and wanted to serve my notice period till only July 13,2018 because I had some family issues. The service agreement th…

Read More

Dear sir, ,I was working in a “Mahindra rural housing finance ltd “company from 3.3 years at Nalgonda branch. The company is registered in…

Read More

Dear Concerned, I am working as a software developer in a company based in Gurgaon since 1 Jun 15.I got an opportunity in another company which is ask…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue