Can I claim for the pay during the period of appointment of that post

I have done SAS (Subordinate Accounts Services) which consists of two parts I & II, on qualifying which one becomes eligible for appointment as Section Officer (SAS) with the Finance Deptt. subject to availability of seats. On qualifying Part-I, I was appointed as S.O. as a stop-gap arrangement, on pay scale of my then post which was Clerk and the scale of S.O. was given to me on my qualifying Part-II. Can I claim for the pay of Section Officer during the period of appointment of Section Officer on own pay scale till the qualifying of Part-II and appointed S.O. (SAS)? Pleae quote judgements.

Answers (1)

244 votes

No you cannot claim pay for the said period as stop-gap arrangement
but you can claim seniority for that period served on contractual appointment
and on the basis of that seniority you can ask for the respective monetary benefits

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles