Can employee claim dues after resigning if company changes its name

I was asked to resign from my organization and I was promised that my dues will be cleared in 10-15 days. 10 months have passed and I have not received my FNF. I tried to call the HR & receptionist for FNF, they keep saying that it will happen next month. I called the owner of the company and he yelled at me and misbehaved with me. I approached the labour inspector of that area, he summoned the lawyer of the company. The lawyer said that company is going through bad phase amd don't have funds, and moreover the company will verify that whether I was an employee of the company or not. Now the labour inspector is saying that nothing can be done as the name of the company has changed and I have offer letter from the previous name. Do I stand a chance of getting my hard earned money?

Answers (2)

158 votes

Yes, you have right to get your hard earned money back. As the company has changed its name so your matter needs detailed discussion to give concrete opinion. Legal options are always available for you in this regard.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

217 votes

It does not matter whether the company has changed its name or not. What is due to you, is your right. In my opinion, it is incorrect of the labour inspector to say that nothing can be done now. I assure you that you will get your dues, if you take proper legal actions.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles