Can employee claim dues after resigning if company changes its name

I was asked to resign from my organization and I was promised that my dues will be cleared in 10-15 days. 10 months have passed and I have not received my FNF. I tried to call the HR & receptionist for FNF, they keep saying that it will happen next month. I called the owner of the company and he yelled at me and misbehaved with me. I approached the labour inspector of that area, he summoned the lawyer of the company. The lawyer said that company is going through bad phase amd don't have funds, and moreover the company will verify that whether I was an employee of the company or not. Now the labour inspector is saying that nothing can be done as the name of the company has changed and I have offer letter from the previous name. Do I stand a chance of getting my hard earned money?

Yes, you have right to get your hard earned money back. As the company has changed its name so your matter needs detailed discussion to give concrete opinion. Legal options are always available for you in this regard.

GOPAL VERMA
ADVOCATE ON RECORD
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

It does not matter whether the company has changed its name or not. What is due to you, is your right. In my opinion, it is incorrect of the labour inspector to say that nothing can be done now. I assure you that you will get your dues, if you take proper legal actions.