Can education qualification be basis of seniority

I joined service as Assistant Professor in teaching cadre in a medical college. My qualifications are MSc and PhD. After one year one more candidate joined as Assistant Professor in my department but he is MBBS and MD. Can he be my senior because he is a medical doctor. Pay scale is same except NPA.

You have to check the the policy of the concerned Medical College regarding care and recruitment rules which will give you about the information of promotion, salary hike and other facilities to the employees. Why you are so scared and insecure anyhow the new colleague is a doctor who has done MBBS and MD which is not at all your stream neither you can become a doctor like him except professor or whatever . Concentrate on yourself instead of poking in other's growth or career you will automatically flourish if you keep away from all this distractions.