Can company terminate without notice 29 years of job

I was dismissed from Bank's service without notice , without inquiry proceedings after 29 years of service on 23/06/2009 . High Court reinstated me with all consequential benefits . . I attended retirement age as on 30/06/2014 . Against jugement dated 19/05/2016. Bank filed an appeal on 17/06/2016 in higher bench and kept pending without serving any notice . Still pending . I have made a civil contempt case on 01/03/2017 against the Bank for non payment of retiral benefits . Whether at this juncture civil contempt  case will stand . what will be the fate of both the cases .

Answers (1)

209 votes

A company cannot terminate an employee without following the principal of natural justice or in other words without hearing u. Admittedly the judent would be in ur favour. So far as the civil contempt is concerned, since the matter is in appeal so it will remain pending. U may appear in appeal and pray for rarly disposal otherwise it may be possible that the order passed in ur favour may be stayed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles