Can company file police case, if they think i leaked some information?

My friend who was working in a BPO feels he is likely to be implicated in a false case in his 3 year old job. He was blamed on passing on confidential information out of the company and suddenly one day he was asked to leave his card and stay at home till the company investigated the matter.


He got his salary on time. He called them after 2 months and they said they need more time to settle the matter and kept extending the matter. My friend feels that his password was misused by someone else. He is being mentally harassed by the company.


Can the company file a police case. What should he do?




Send a legal notice to the company demanding immediate action with respect to the pending enquiry against your friend and claiming damages for the mental harassment to which your friend is being subjected to.


Your friend can also claim illegal suspension from work without any reasonable cause and demand that your friend be allowed to represent his case to the higher authorities. 


Also, inform in this notice that he suspects that his password is being misused by someone else and that he shall not be liable for any actions committed through this password.


The company shall either allow the same or terminate his services. In the latter case, he can initiate a civil suit for illegal termination.


In case the company finds evidence of the leak of confidential information, then they can file a police case as this would be cyber theft.


Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Document Review - Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 64 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - NDA review by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Employment Agreement/Appointment Letter

4.8 | 191 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Employement Agreement review by a local experienced advocate
Create an Employment Termination Letter

4.2 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Termination Letter drafted by a local experienced advocate
Email to HR

4.4 | 46 ratings
15 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Personalised email drafted by a local experienced advocate
Create a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA)

4.6 | 73 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - NDA drafted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Recovery of Dues from Employer

4.8 | 421 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Create an Employement Agreement

4.6 | 203 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Employement agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
15 Minutes Labour / Service Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 476 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your labour / service issue.
Similar questions

I am an Electrical Engineer in a private compny. I got a short ckt fire accident and injured my right hand severely. i was on accidental leave. Am I e…

Read More

My wife has applied for spouse ground transfer on 26-02-2018 in Union Bank of India. Till now there has been no response from the management of Union …

Read More

My sister had got the job on compensatory ground .Now can i claim the job or withdraw my consent which i had given on that time…

Read More

hum log koshagar main 176 candidate jan 2013 se outsoursing se computer operator k pad par lagatar job kar rahe h. hum apne ko outsoursing se hata kar…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue