can an employee join a competator company

I worked in an company for 2 years and 9 months. I use to have day in and out trouble with my immediate supervisor in my daily work. He basically harassed me with work. The company had an agreement that restricts me from joining to competition for a period of 12 months after resigning from the company. Now, I got a good opportunity from a competition company which is definitely better for my career growth. I have given resignation from my services with a notice period of one month, as per company policy. The GM-HR immediately provided me a letter on the next day for not reporting to duties further after taking away all company belongings for me. The GM - HR threatened me to ruin my career and withheld all my FnF settlement including PF. My new employer HR is insisting for relieving letter from my previous employer which I am unable to produce. My notice period of 2 month ends on 26th April, 2015

Answers (1)

440 votes
Give a legal notice to your employer through a lawyer if despite service of legal notice, needful is not done then file case in court.

if as per appointment letter you need to give one month notice then after notice you can leave the organisation , if company is not giving you relieving letter then issue legal notice to company . it cannot withold your PF dues . lodge complaint with regional provident Fund Commissioner if company refuses to pay PF dues

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles