Can a resignation be withdrawn if it hasn't been accepted

I resigned from a public sector bank on 1st feb asking to relieved from the same date. My resignation has not been accepted as yet. Now I want to withdraw my resignation. Is that possible ?

Answers (3)

216 votes

Yes nees to see your appointment letter u are still entitle but need t see the facts of yr case
The provisiin is there
You can contact me fr further clarification alongwith the docoments of yr employment

Anand duggal

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

120 votes

Yes, till your resignation is not accepted by your employer, you can revoke the resignation. The revocation of your resignation should me made by you in writing giving a valid reason of you revocation of resignation.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
266 votes

A resignation which has not been accepted by the organization can be withdrawn at any point of time by notifying the same to the concerned HR department in written. You have to write a letter to the concerned HR Head keeping your department head in loop that you wish to withdraw your resignation letter because that has not been accepted by the organization and because of the same reason you wish to continue as a permanent member of the organization.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles