Can a person be exempted from paying the bond amount

I had been working in private mnc 4 yrs back. Had signed a bond at the time of joining. I resigned after 4 months of joining due to personal issue. I also received the resignation acceptance letter from the company. Now I have got a legal notice from the company asking me to pay the bond amount since I didn’t complete the required period in the company . What should i do

The bond you have signed is an agreement between you and the company asked to that extent you would be liable when you break it. but if you received the resignation acceptance & it includes that you are free from all responsibilities and liabilities from employer then no need to worry.

Need to study the bond paper & the legal notice.Please send these documents. Need to look into the terms and conditions mentioned in the bond paper carefully. What are the relevant clauses therein? In what circumstances you are required to pay the bond amount? Whether there are any clauses which may in some situations exempt you from such payment? Whether there is any clause which exempts you from such payment in the event your resignation is accepted? Whether such matter ought to have been settled prior to acceptance of resignation? Whether the contract between you and the said entity particularly regarding this clause is legally valid or not?.. etc. need to be examined.