Can a person be exempted from paying the bond amount

I had been working in private mnc 4 yrs back. Had signed a bond at the time of joining. I resigned after 4 months of joining due to personal issue. I also received the resignation acceptance letter from the company. Now I have got a legal notice from the company asking me to pay the bond amount since I didn’t complete the required period in the company . What should i do

Answers (2)

294 votes

The bond you have signed is an agreement between you and the company asked to that extent you would be liable when you break it. but if you received the resignation acceptance & it includes that you are free from all responsibilities and liabilities from employer then no need to worry.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

188 votes

Need to study the bond paper & the legal notice.Please send these documents. Need to look into the terms and conditions mentioned in the bond paper carefully. What are the relevant clauses therein? In what circumstances you are required to pay the bond amount? Whether there are any clauses which may in some situations exempt you from such payment? Whether there is any clause which exempts you from such payment in the event your resignation is accepted? Whether such matter ought to have been settled prior to acceptance of resignation? Whether the contract between you and the said entity particularly regarding this clause is legally valid or not?.. etc. need to be examined.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles