Can a contractual government employee become permanent

Can I become a regular employee after serving 10 years as a contractual employee in govt department of Gujarat ?

Answers (3)

225 votes

yes you can file petition before labor court or you have to file writ petition in high court
yes you can file petition before labor court or you have to file writ petition in high court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

278 votes

Yes, you can become permanent employee being served for 10 years as contractual employee in Government department of Gujarat. Let us know whether you have made any representation for it. Else we can make it for yours. If required we can also file petition for the same before High Court of Gujarat.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
214 votes

Yes. The work done by contractors employee is the Permenant work and the contract is not permissible for perennial work under the contract regulation and abolition act so that you may raise the industrial disputes before labour commissioner and become the Permenant. You may also challenge the contract is sham and bogus and paper arrangement so abolish it

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I absconded from a govt Bank about 1 Year back after taking medical leave. Later I didn't respond to their mails and joined central govt service 6…

Read More

Do we have a State Administrative Tribunal in Delhi? If not where the service matters relating to Delhi Government shall be filed? As per my knowledge…

Read More

Sir, I like to ask what would be the financial and medical benefit impact in case of discharge a employee for disciplinary ground ,serve in PSU ,in di…

Read More

I am a government servent.I have not been paid salary from September 2017 till date.I have written a letter in this regard to HOD.I have been working …

Read More