Can a company terminate the services of an employee without any reason

Hello All, Request you to provide guidance on following issue. 1) I am a "Workmen" as per ID ACT & I am senior in my category 2) My company has announced capacity adjustment 3) My employment terms says it can be terminated by either party with 3 months notice & also states service can be terminated without any notice or reason for loss of confidence or dishonesty etc...4) so can my company directly terminate my service as per employment clause for specifically capacity adjustment reason OR do they have to follow ID act of Last in first out for workmen category although its not mentioned in my employment terms which will be governing..? 5) Also In general,as per employment terms can company actually any time terminate my services without any reason, clearing all my dues. Please reply point wise and provide your guidance. Regards

Answers (1)

135 votes

1. They will be governed by your employment contract as well as with Industrial Disputes Act.
2. As per your query, if you were terminated from the company without proper notice then you can file a complaint against the company and ask for compensation. Also you can send them a notice to recover the pending dues and if they don’t pay them then you can file a case against them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles