Can a case be filed against a company if terminated without any reason

Dear Sir/ Ma'am, I was working with an Not-for-Profit organization. Recently I was asked to resign without any valid reason. Refusing to do so, the organization paid me agreed months of salary, without any valid reason they terminated me. My appointment letter clearly said the company can terminate me on the following points: "(1) Gross Misconduct, (2) Negligence, (3) Breach of Confidentiality, (4) late attendance or absence (5) Conduct disloyal to or against the interest of organization (6) Breach of confidentiality - divulging by publication, speech or prepared statements or any other method to third party any information received/ generated during the appointment period with regards to confidentiality affairs of the organization." In my termination letter, none of the above points are mentioned - and rightly so, because I have not done any of the above. The termination letter just says, I am terminated - NO REASON is mentioned. Can I file a case against the organization.

Answers (1)

81 votes

Yes, Ofcourse, you can challenge the termination as illegal and seek the remedy, as you have mentioned there are no reasons mentioned in the termination letter and no opportunity was given to you by issuing a notice. Termination is bad in your case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles