Brother removed from Indian navy after selection. Can we file any case

My brother was selected in the Indian Navy and his training started. But later in the medical examination he was rejected and was removed from the service. Can we file any case and get him reinstated?

Answers (3)

236 votes

If your brother removed from service on frivolous/false medical ground then you can challenge the same for reinstatement at defence tribunal. First consult doctor and verify the ground of termination.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

101 votes

there is very little margin for challenging the order of removal from service of an employee. as the forces are governed by their own rules only and medical examination is conducted by experts of the department. beside the standard for the selection is very high and very strict. but its all depend on the fact and circumstance of the matter if there is some material ground for challenging the order of the authority of removal of a employee then the order can be challenge with in time in appropriate tribunal.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
175 votes

Yes we can. Mandatory directions can be sought from Hon'ble if rejection is against prescribed rules. Medical grounds given to reject your brother need to be examined and in case the same are not in line with prescribed grounds of rejection then reinstatement shall be sought.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles