Boss harassing me by giving false info. to seniors. What legal remedy?

In Labour & Service Law

I am being harassed by my immediate boss wherein he does not give the right information to the superiors and gives them a twisted version. This is impacting my growth in my company and I am being given work which is not being useful towards my contribution to the company and hence my promotion will also be suffering.

Do I have any legal rights to sort this out? I am heading the mechanical department in a Govt. organization.

Answers (1)

168 votes

The harassment mentioned by you in your query is seemingly becoming a problem being faced by many employees of late and the trend seems to be increasing by the day.

Under most circumstances, the Performance appraisals are done by the immediate bosses but approved by the higher authority above the immediate boss. The concerned official can obtain the performance appraisal report by moving application under the Right to Information Act. 

After obtaining your performance Appraisal report / CR, if you have grievance then send your complaint through proper channel to the Higher Authority (in most cases via the HRD).

If your grievance is not redressed, then you can move the concerned Labor / Civil Court for relief based on your designation and work profile. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
10 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
14 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles