Bank did not release promotion on its due date and promoted others

I was placed in waiting list (no.48) in the list of executives declared by my Bank Corporate Office at Mumbai to be considered for the release of promotion against the future vacancies, subject to Vigilance Clearance at the relevant point of time from Grade Scale SMG/S-V to TEG/S-VI. Bank on 01.03.2017 has released the promotion of executives in the Grade Scale SMG/S-V have been elevated to Grade/Scale TEG-VI. But unfortunately my name does not appear in the list while executives whose names were appearing at serial numbers 49, 50 and 51 i.e. subsequent to my in waiting list name have been declared as promoted. Neither any charge-sheet has been issued to me nor any prosecution for criminal charge is pending against me. Originally, I belong to Kanpur but right now I am working at Baroda. Before which HC, I should file my petition ???? Regards,

Answers (1)

74 votes

First of all you collect the information about the status of promotion. Then check the criteria which is adopted by the bank by way of RTI. Then if any discrimination found you may apply for reconsideration for promotion. If any result not comes then go to the Gujarat High Court by way of special civil application. Gujarat high court has the jurisdiction because your service is at Baroda

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles