Arrear payment of CMPF by employer attracts interest or not

My date of retirement was 18.02.2012. Management was illegally terminated my service from 03.02.1994. Dispute was contested up to High Court, Ranchi,Jharkhand. The Tribunal at Dhanbad, Jharkhand, reinstated me with full back wages. At High Court it has been settled at 80% of back wages. Should the management deposit the CMPF contribution to the CMPF authority, Dhanbad or they should directly pay the money to me? I have not yet withdrawn any amount from my CMPF account. What should I do?

Answers (2)

297 votes

Management is to deposit CMPF contribution to CMPF. Only after it deposits, you can withdraw the same from CMPF. You should file an application for withdrawal immediately. remember the employer is to deposit the amount with interest.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

190 votes

you should least bother about these questions as the high court has already ordered for 80% back wages.
now its upto them how they are acting over the order given by the high court.
you are advised to file a contempt petition before jharkhand high court so that disputes with respect to payment of back wages may be settled.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles