Appraisal and Resignation

Hello, My name is Tinin. I'm from Mumbai working for a BPO Tech support. I'm working from past almost 3 years. My appraisal due date was Jan 2015 which was not done. Also, notice period for 30 days from today. The question I've asked to HR while giving the notice to resign was will I get the appraisal amount in arrears as it was still due from Jan 2015. They said it cannot be done because as per there policy an employee should be active in the system. When asked when they are planning to roll out. HR and manger's do not have clarity on it. Is it legal not to give the appraisal for 6 mont

Answers (1)

186 votes

This depends on the terms and conditions of your appointment letter or any other communication shared with you by the HR. also, you need to take the following points into consideration-
1. Check the employee policy of your organization and verify the statement of the HR manager. Employee policies should be communicated to the employees.
2. Check the terms of your appointment letter and check what are the terms and conditions contained therein.
It will not be legal for your organization to withhold your appraisal, if it has been promised to you and you have qualified for such an appraisal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles