Am I laible to get paid post service agreement

Am a placement consultant, agreement signed with company to render services. Agreement signed on 1st July'13 and mentioned "will remain effect until two years from effective date or until terminated as set forth in this section. The agreement was not terminated in between. I placed candidates post termination date as neither I was aware nor company intimated that agreement has to be renewed in two years from effective date. Am i liable to get paid?

Answers (3)

117 votes

Dear Sir, to answer your query, first you will have to provide me with the copy of the agreement. There after it can examined and answered whether you are entitled for any money or compensation for the work done after 30.06.2015.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

66 votes

Yes you should claim your money as even though your agreement expired by efflux of time you continued to render services under the old agreement. Make an oral request for payment and in case they say that they won't pay you then Write a letter to the HR or whoever is in charge of renewal of agreements and put these facts on record - that once the agreement expired you legitimately expected that the company would renew your contract, that oral requests were made by you in this regard to the management, that oral assurances were given to you by the management saying that they are in process and will sign new agreement very soon, that you rendered your services during the time no agreement was in place by giving specific details like placements done by you etc. See what they say and we will decide future course of action.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
249 votes

Dear Concerned,

You are definitely entitled for being compensated for the services you have provided, even if after termination of the master contract. The main reason is the said services stand received and accepted by the Employer without any demur. Further, in terms of Section 70 of the Indian Contract Act, 1872, the Receiver of services is obliged to make the payments for the services received.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles