Am i eligible for gratuity if I completed around 5 yrs in my company?

Am I eligible for Gratuity benefits If I have completed 4 years and 8 months in my company? I am working in a Infrastructure company operating pan India.

Kindly advise.

Answer

Any employer that has ten or more salaried employees / workers has to provide gratuity to the eligible employees. More likely than not, your company being an Infrastructure company operating pan India would fall under the category wherein it has to provide gratuity to the eligible employees.

Looking at the eligibility criteria of the employees to get gratuity benefits:

If in the 5th year of your continous employment with the company, you have completed 240 days, you are eligible and can seek gratuity benefits and if the employer refuses to pay, you can approach the authority under the Payment of Gratuity Act (in most cases it is DLC) of the area with a petition voicing out your concern and writing about the unjust act of your company.